Saturday, October 10, 2009

Life moves on...

It's been a few weeks since I last wrote from Florida. I'm not gonna lie...it's been a rough, low, and depressing two weeks since. Not being able to run or participate in practices at EMU or with my U18 girls has been rough.

On top of all that, I haven't been able to substitute yet, so with worries about how the bills will be paid and with so much time on my hands, it's been rough. And my #1 strategy for relieving stress is to go out and kick the soccer ball really hard many times, or to simply go out and play soccer. Oh wait, can't do it. Grr.

So, I finally got myself in gear and started concentrating on what I can do. I can get my cardio from the stationary bike and/or elliptical, and I can still do all but 1-2 lifting machines. So, I finally got back at this past Wed. and it felt so good to be able to lift and workout again. It's still weird to just go straight into my workout without a few laps around the track, but since I can't run or do anything jarring on my right knee, I have to improvise a little.

My Dr's appt isn't for another 2.5 weeks, so I'm just going to keep working out and building up my muscle and not worry about the knee for now. I'll go to my Dr's appt and see what his diagnosis may be, and then I'll take it a step at a time. No use worrying now about possibilities that might not even happen.

Though 99% of the time I listen to it, Christian music and my journey of reading through the Bible (in roughly a year-ish) have helped me through this rough time tremendously. Songs of hope, comfort and just getting me to think about things with a different perspective--God's perspective--have been good.

Currently, I'm almost through 2 Samuel, so I've been following the life of King David. Just learning about how he gives every question, every decision, and every thought to God for His solution or "plan of action" helps me to do the same. I'm just glad I'm not going to war every few years ; )

Favorite songs right now:
"City on Our Knees" Toby Mac
"While I'm Waiting" John Waller
"Born Again" Third Day
"Lifesong" Casting Crowns
"Until the Whole World Hears" Casting Crowns

No comments:

Post a Comment