Saturday, December 20, 2008

Women's Professional Soccer (WPS)

First off, let me just say that it's so sad that women's soccer doesn't have a professional league in the US. The men have a league (Major League Soccer-MLS), but the women's league that was formed in the early 2000's (WUSA) failed due to several factors--primarily financial.

However, recently, there has been a great deal of news circulating and becoming fact that a new league was coming together. Could it be? Are we finally going to have a league to aspire to play in? For young girls throughout the US to dream about playing in? As I follow the website (who are we kidding... a few times a day!), things seem to be very legit and concrete. I know I'll be cheering the new league on! And hopefully attending some games!

Katie and I have had many discussions about trying out for the WPS. I mean, we come from a predominant soccer culture (in PA), played for a respectable DIII school that holds their own in the ODAC conference, so why now?! Honestly, I don't know if I'm even at that level of play, but I'd sure-as-heck like to find out!!!

Check out the WPS webiste: www.womensprosoccer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment